When a 37 year-old player dominates an NBA Conference Final
That’s the question I was asking myself when I saw the YouTube headline “Richaun Holmes Throws One Down in Brooklyn!”. Well, that among others like:-
- Who does he play for?
- Who played Brooklyn today?
- How would I know? It’s only pre=season dammit!
But then I clicked the link and saw this little slice of Brooklyn Beatdown…
Here’s some more fun facts about the man they call, well, Richaun Holmes.
- 37th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft
- Holmes is the son of two Doctors of Divinity who run a Chicago-area church
- Only player in BGSU men’s basketball history to post 1,000 career points, 600 career rebounds and 200 career blocks
- BGSU’s all-time career blocks leader with 244
- Holds the BGSU single season blocks record with 88 blocks in 2013-14
- Averaged 2.56 blocks per game over his three years at BGSU
Richaun also has a pretty fun highlight reel, seen below.
Let’s face it, any hoops highlight package set to the dulcet tones of Fort Minor’s “Remember The Name” is generally a good one.
This kid could be really fun to watch this year.
Now you know a few little facts about Richaun Holmes that you also could’ve found within a two minute Google search.
Have a great day!
Hendo. (and Richaun Holmes, of course!)