First of all it was the San Antonio series, of
[embedvideo id=”fSGQwO0p8Dw” website=”youtube”]
Nightly notable plays for January 4, 2014… plus some comments.
10. Alexis Ajinca, everybody. This is what happens when Ryan Anderson gets a spine sprain. Defensive stalwart Roy Hibbert comes up short on the scouting report.
9. Spencer Hawes sleeps during games. Granted I’ve never been seven feet tall and ran for extended periods, it may be more tiring than I realise.
8. Minnesota’s Corey Brewer shows us firstly that he is no Tim Hardaway and secondly that Kevin Durant is widely considered the best OFFENSIVE player in the NBA.
7. This play would’ve looked WAY worse if completed by former Magicians Anthony Bowie (14) and Gerald Wilkins. (21)
6. Chris Douglas-Roberts has more names than you but probably just as much capability of blocking a Rudy Gay dunk attempt.
5. Ricky Rubio is a basketball genius, however “tricking” Derek Fisher is akin to nut-punching a senior citizen at a Post Office.
4. Not much to say here, other than “I’d like to see more of Ish Smith”.
3. Luol Deng doing his best mid-90’s Nick Van Exel impersonation. Same number and everything…
2. Gerald Green’s legs have probably been soaked in HGH at some point.
1. Kevin Durant, finally not stuck being number two… for once.